Thanks to all who participated in the Helping Others for the Holiday project! The net result was 125 festive holiday place mats, each wrapped with a large holiday bow.
The head bow making elf was Cindy Young (who donated all the ribbon), assisted by Janet Card, John Roy Castillo, Barb Upleger, Tina Maurer and Linda Sowle.
The lead sewing elves were Susan Cockerill and Linda Higgonson.
The other elves, responsible for clipping, flipping, turning, poking, squaring, ironing, wrapping and everything else were: Beverly Zetterholm, Trish Horn, Cindy Hale, Judy Wagoner, Jeanne Sullivan, Nancy Kronenberg, and Karen Spak (who donated all the fabric). Carolyn Schein also contributed sewing labors from home prior to the event.
We are open from 9am to 2:30 pm Tuesday, Weds and Thursday. Lunch is served at noon each day.
Created in 1992, the center is dedicated to serving seniors in the rural areas of Ingham County. programs and services are designed to stimulate and improve senior’s lives through education, information and increased social and community involvement. The center is administered by a paid director, a seven member elected unpaid Board of Directors and many dedicated volunteers.
- Nutrition site for luncheons on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays.
- Please call a day in advance for reservations: 517 655-5173.
- Joint educational programs with the Wiliamston Library.
- Referral service to a variety of community services.
- Educational and entertainment programs for the physical, emotional and social well being of seniors.
- Trips, picnics and plays.