The Williamston Area Senior Center (WASC) will serve as a gathering point where people can come together for services and activities which will enrich their quality of life.
- For the director to continue pursuing grants and/or sponsorships to help pay for supplies and activities.
- Plan activities to attract young seniors and increase participation at the center. This can include activities at the center and field trips.
- To recruit volunteers for a specific need:
drivers for lunch
to cover for director when not here
to help with special projects
- To continue consistent review of the director’s job, pay and benefits.
- To designate a volunteer recognition day to be done every year. This day will celebrate all volunteers.
- To keep open lines of communication with the City of Williamston, Webberville, the townships of Williamston, Wheatfield, Leroy, Locke, and Dansville.
- Seek funding source to generate $30,000 per year to guarantee a senior center for the Williamston community.
- Research the possibility of hiring an administrative assistant to assist the director and the financial officer as the center grows.